Republicans roundly condemned the radical-left mob who “violently” assailed the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) headquarters Wednesday evening, injuring six law enforcement officials and locking down House workplaces.
The mob assault on the DNC headquarters reveals the radicalization of many within the Democrat get together.
Democrat members of Congress contained in the DNC’s headquarters appeared to narrowly escape the scene with out harm, as “protesters” “illegally and violently” demanded peace within the Middle East. “Cease Fire Now,” many shirts of the mob members mentioned.
“Right now our officers are working to keep back approximately 150 people who are illegally and violently protesting in the area of Canal Street and Ivy Street, SE,” Capitol Police posted on X throughout the assault. “Officers are making arrests. All Members have been evacuated from the area. Please stay away from the area.”
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) posted on Instagram that the protesters had been “socialists”: “Violent socialists Hamas supporters trying to storm the offices of the Democratic Party tonight in D.C”
- Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) posted on X: “The nation’s capital is under siege. Last week, it was the White House. This week, it’s the DNC. These left-wing lunatics have to be held accountable.”
- Rep. Eli Crane (R-AZ) slammed legislation enforcement for waging a double system of justice: “The @FBI has arrested hundreds of people for entering the Capitol on January 6th. Given tonight’s chaos (we’ll see if they get the same treatment), it’s worth reminding everyone that they still have no idea who planted pipe bombs at the DNC & RNC that same day.”
- Jason Miller, a senior adviser to former President Donald Trump, said the mob assault is a precursor to the Democrat conference: “DNC 2024 Convention is going to be lit.”
- Richard Grenell echoed Miller’s comment: “This looks like the Obama DNC Convention in 2012 – when half the Democrat delegates were loudly anti-Israel.”
- Rep. Kat Cammack (R-FL) said the entire Capitol Building was shut down due to the unrest: “I am on Capitol Hill right now and it’s on lockdown. No getting in or out of our offices. We have officers that were pepper sprayed by pro-Hamas protestors with a lot of people attempting to break into the Democratic HQ. Anyone else notice how violent the so-called ‘ceasefire’ crowd is?”
Sebastian Gorka mocked the protesters on X: “Democrat HQ in D.C. stormed by pro-Hamas lunatics. Just don’t call it an ‘insurrection,’ OK?”
One House Democrat who was current on the DNC informed Axios it “scared me more than January 6,” recounting that they had been about to depart and return to the Capitol when police informed them to not exit.
“Someone sent out word for people to come [back] and police said it’s not safe,” the lawmaker mentioned. “Police were wearing gas masks … this was not peaceful.”
Some defended the mob assault.
“The goal was just to block the door [to the DNC building] in non-violent civil disobedience,” IfNotNow nationwide spokesperson Eva Borgwardt informed Axios, claiming the violence was “one-sided”–by police. “The most brutal police response I have ever seen,” she mentioned.
Capitol Police posted on X throughout the assault, warning folks to remain away.
“Right now our officers are working to keep back approximately 150 people who are illegally and violently protesting in the area of Canal Street and Ivy Street, SE,” Capitol Police mentioned. “Officers are making arrests. All Members have been evacuated from the area. Please stay away from the area.”
RELATED — Rubio: There Aren’t ‘Pro-Palestinian’ Protests; They’re ‘Pro-Hamas’ and Only Started After Hamas Killed Civilians